Wednesday, April 22, 2015

more from John - Day 17 of 20

Read 1 John 5:13-15.

“And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.” (1 John 5:14 ESV)


Let us keep our eyes focused on Jesus. In all that we do, in all that we are going through, in whatever stage of life, may we not lose sight of Him. With eyes looking to Him, just watch Him answer those prayers of our hearts.

John continued, “And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.”

I can only speak for myself, so this is my testimony. As I look back on my life, for each and every big dream, prayer and passion which have been placed on my heart, which line up with God, His Kingdom, His mission, God has heard and answered. These were not always answered according to my timing. Patience and trust were required, and I'd be lying if I didn't struggle with patience and trust, but in His time the requests have been answered. Again, each and every one. Simply amazing. I'm humbled and grateful. All praise goes to Him!

What do you ask of God? Ask Him today, tomorrow and the next day. “Pray without ceasing.” (1 Thessalonians 5:17 ESV) 

Examine closely if they are requests that line up with Him, His Kingdom, His mission...or if are they self-focused requests. Share these requests with another follower of Jesus and/or with your small group. Discuss and pray over these requests together.

No comments:

Post a Comment