Thursday, April 30, 2015

inspiration from Revelation - Day 5 of 10

Read Revelation 2:12-17.

“But to the rest of you in Thyatira...who have not learned what some call the deep things of Satan, to you I say, I do not lay on you any other burden. Only hold fast what you have until I come.” (Revelation 2:24-25b ESV)


Hold fast.

“To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, 'If you hold to my teaching,you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.'” (John 8:31-32 NIV)

Hold to Jesus' teachings.

What gets in the way of Jesus followers holding fast? What gets in your way? 

How is God calling you to hold fast? Who can help you in the process? 

With the Spirit as your guide, through the power of God's Word, renewed through the sacrament of the Lord's Supper, and by your baptism, who can you help to hold fast?

No comments:

Post a Comment