Thursday, May 7, 2015

Prayer and Proverbs - Day 1 of 31

Read Proverbs 1.

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.” (Proverbs 1:7 ESV)


As I pray today, I sit in fear of the Lord.

In fearing, I revere the Lord.

“The Lord...the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.” 
(Isaiah 40:28b ESV)

In fearing, I know He knows it all much more than me.

In fearing, my pride is set aside.

In fearing, I am humbled.

So in this fear of the Lord, as led by Proverbs 1, I pray for: wisdom, discipline, insight, instruction, guidance which come from Him.

By praying for these things, I follow Jesus who in His human nature, “increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.” (Luke 2:52b ESV)

What does Proverbs 1 lead you to pray for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment