Saturday, May 2, 2015

inspiration from Revelation - Day 7 of 10

Read Revelation 3:7-13.

“‘I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.” (Revelation 3:8 ESV)


For what they were experiencing, the Church in Philadelphia needed these words of assurance from Jesus. What do these words mean to you? What does it mean to you that Jesus has set an open door for you—one which no one is able to shut?

Jesus also assured the Church in Philadelphia, “The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God.” (Revelation 3:12a ESV)

More on conquering...

“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:37-39 ESV)

How does being even more than a conqueror help you face the challenges of life? How may you assure another's faith today?

No comments:

Post a Comment