Monday, May 4, 2015

inspiration from Revelation - Day 9 of 10

Read Revelation 3:20-22.

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” (Revelation 3:20 ESV)


As you look all throughout Scripture, it is always God who initiates. He doesn't stand on the other side of the door passively waiting for us to be “enlightened” enough on our own to open that door to Him. We couldn't even open it or know where the door is if not for Him revealing Himself to us.

“I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” Right here...this is the readily accessible presence of Jesus, the Sacramental Jesus, who enters our world with His grace, love and forgiveness, of whom we can be with 24/7/365.

What does the Sacramental Jesus mean to you? Will you let Him in?

No comments:

Post a Comment