Sunday, August 9, 2015

Meet Jesus - Day 15 of 40 - Rock


"I don’t want you to forget, dear brothers and sisters, about our ancestors in the wilderness long ago. All of them were guided by a cloud that moved ahead of them, and all of them walked through the sea on dry ground. In the cloud and in the sea, all of them were baptized as followers of Moses. All of them ate the same spiritual food, and all of them drank the same spiritual water. For they drank from the spiritual rock that traveled with them, and that rock was Christ."

Been through some shaking ground in life? Loss of a loved one? Diagnosed with cancer? Laid off from work? Depressed? Worried? Some of these experiences feel shaky because they carry with them pain, uncertainty of the future, lack of protection. It is in these times we need to cling onto some one we can count on. We need someone strong in our lives when we are weak. We need provision instead of always being the provider (for others or for ourselves).

Thankfully, we have Jesus: Rock. He is the One to whom we can count on through all of life's difficult moments.

Psalm 18:2 captures this beautifully, 

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
    my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
    and my place of safety."

Describe a time in your life where you drank from Jesus: Rock for your provision, health and protection? What did it mean to you? To whom may your share your story? To whom may you introduce Jesus: Rock?

No comments:

Post a Comment