Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Prayer and Proverbs - Day 28 of 31

Read Proverbs 28.

“Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.” (Proverbs 28:13 ESV)



Watch Philip Phillips’ “Unpack Your Heart”.

“Meet me where the sunlight ends
Meet me where the truth never bends
Bring all that you're scared to defend

And lay it down when you walk through my door
Throw all of it out on the floor
Your sorrow, your beauty, your war
I want it all, I want it all

Bring your secrets, bring your scars
Bring your glory, all you are
Bring your daylight, bring your dark
Share your silence
And unpack your heart”

Jesus calls us to truth. He calls us to truth about ourselves. He wants the real us, not a hidden us. When we are real, when we confess our sins, we receive His forgiveness, His mercy, His grace.

Here are Jesus’ words on confession/repentance:
  • “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 4:17 ESV)
  • “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:15 ESV)
  • “No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:3 ESV)
  • “Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.” (Luke 15:7 ESV)
  • “Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” (Luke 15:10 ESV)
“Oh, I'm on your side
So shed your shadow
And watch it rise

Oh, I'm on your side
So shed your shadow
And watch it rise
Into your darkness
I'll shine a light”

In prayer, how will you lose the secrets, confess the sins, and unpack your heart to Jesus today?



After you have prayed to above, know that…“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9 ESV)


Lastly...“My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, 20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.” (James 5:19-20 ESV)

In prayer also, how may God use you to help another understand the truth of Proverb 28:13?




No comments:

Post a Comment