Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Meet Jesus - Day 31 of 40 - Chain-breaker


"So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free." (John 8:36 NLT)

Because of what Jesus did on the cross, died and rose again, we are free from the chains of sin and death. We have this assurance!

We have this assurance even in the times we stumble and fall. Paul wrote of this to the church in Rome, "I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love God’s law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 7:21-25a NLT)

Again, be assured. Jesus is our Chain-breaker!

How do you live today in the presence of Jesus: Chain-breaker? How do you experience the freedom found in Christ and in Him alone? How does Jesus equip you for your day and the challenges/temptations/trials you face?



Some words to encourage you from Lauren Daigle's song How Can It Be:


I am guilty
Ashamed of what I've done, what I've become
These hands are dirty
I dare not lift them up to the Holy One

You plead my cause, you right my wrongs
You break my chains, you overcome
You gave your life, to give me mine
You say that I am free

How may we encourage and introduce others to the good news found in Jesus: Chain-breaker?



In closing, enjoy the lyric video of How Can It Be:

No comments:

Post a Comment