Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Meet Jesus - Day 3 of 40 - Bread of Life

Read John 6:22-59


"...don’t be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you." (John 6:27 NLT)

What other perishable things do we often concern ourselves with and expend much energy towards? What is it that makes these things so perishable? 



"I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty." (John 6:35 NLT).

"I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life. Yes, I am the bread of life! Your ancestors ate manna in the wilderness, but they all died. Anyone who eats the bread from heaven, however, will never die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and this bread, which I will offer so the world may live, is my flesh.” (John 6:47-51 NLT) 

Jesus: Bread of Life is anything but perishable. He is everlasting. In Him we have fullness, complete satisfaction. God sent bread from heaven (manna) to nourish the Israelites' 40 year journey in the wilderness. Then to ultimately satisfy the souls of His people, God sent Himself, Jesus Christ, the Bread of Life, so that we would live forever. 

What does/could it mean to meet Jesus:Bread of Life? What is the risk/reward for seeking not the perishable but the eternal?

Who do you know in need of this bread of life? How may you introduce this person to Jesus?




No comments:

Post a Comment